Monday, November 8, 2010

day 50

here we are 50 days down the road. A lot has changed. Not only in this program, but in my life as well as my team mates I'm sure. I've come to a very happy middle ground in my life. I'm almost done with my EMT course. Litterally about 5 weeks left and its all over. Then I get to play the waiting game while looking for a job and once I have a job my life really gets to take off.

I now realize that as much as I want to be older now, to be wiser, stronger, faster, or to simply have a family and a secure job... I can wait for all that. I now see that I should stop and relax. Get to see the world thats passing me by before its too late to look back and see it before it changes in a flash. Times are always changing, people, economics, social groups, politics... all of it is always changing and if we don't take the time to actually watch it all unfold, then we're going to miss all the good parts!

As I go through my everyday life I find myself being more and more mindful. I notice all kinds of things now that I feel like I haven't been able to see for a long time. Its as if I'm getting a new pair of glasses to see the world through. My vision is clear once again and for that I am thankful.

5 comments:

  1. Good stuff. How's your body looking and feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I still have weight to lose in certain areas but I can definitely tell I've lost weight and I have to say it feels great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff, Robert. I like the idea of life being like a workout. When you workout, workout hard. When you relax, relax completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note to self. Follow own advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm...I'm older and to the chagrin of my family I still don't have my own family OR a secure job, at least not by traditional standards. :) I think you're doing just fine. Don't rush it, man!

    ReplyDelete